Healthcare Practitioners Alert on Best Practices for Avoiding Fraud in Telehealth Contracts and Issue Spotting with Chicago IDFPR Attorney Michael V. Favia
Healthcare technology and telehealth services make it easier and more efficient for patients to see doctors online, which was encouraged and expanded during the COVID pandemic, and which requires vigilance to avoid fraud in telehealth contracts with “telemedicine companies” as described in government alerts.
Today Chicago IDFPR Attorney Michael V. Favia identifies potential fraud situations that could compromise doctors and healthcare professionals targeted by telehealth fraud schemes.
See the DOJ Telemedicine Enforcement Action Website
The Healthcare Consultants Podcast is Sponsored by the Chicago Health Law Firm of Michael V. Favia & Associates, P.C.
Avoiding Fraud in Telehealth Contracts: Issue Spotting
- The Pandemic Encouraged Telehealth Services Increasing Care Options
- Fraud Alert by DOJ and Criminal Charges for $1.2 Billion in Fraudulent Services
- Watch for Recruited Patients Participating in Fraud
- Sufficient Contact with Patients and Meaningfully Detailed Medical Records
- Compensation Structures Common with Fraud Schemes
- Contracts for Limited Services Not Otherwise Insured or Paid
- Limitations on Items or Services, Restrictions on Practitioners
- Insufficient Practitioner – Patient Follow-Up Could Signal Fraud and Abuse
Chicago IDFPR Attorney Michael V. Favia (312) 609-6666
This podcast and others like it are available on our YouTube Channel and our BlogTalkRadio Channel. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube page!
The Healthcare Consultants Podcast, Avoid Fraud in Telehealth Contracts and Issue Spotting with IDFPR Attorney Michael V. Favia, is brought to you by the Chicago Health Law and Professional Licensing firm of Michael V. Favia & Associates, with offices in Chicago and Rolling Meadows. For introductions and referrals to healthcare professionals in the Chicagoland area, call Michael V. Favia & Associates, P.C. at (312) 609-6666. Podcast production and marketing by Lone Star Content Marketing (940) 597-7476.