Michael V. Favia is a Chicago IDFPR Densse Attorney, Frequently Asked About the Responsibilities of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) is a state agency in the state of Illinois that is responsible for regulating and licensing various professions and businesses, as well as protecting consumers. The department oversees over 1.2 million professionals and businesses in 250 different industries, including banking, insurance, real estate, and healthcare.
Chicago IDFPR Defense Attorney Michael V. Favia works with individuals and organizations in connection with IDFPR matters, and as the former Chief of Prosecution for the Department, Favia is uniquely knowledgeable in handling professional regulation matters.
The IDFPR’s mission is to safeguard the public through regulatory oversight of professionals and businesses and to ensure that licensees adhere to ethical standards and provide quality services to consumers. The department achieves its mission by licensing qualified individuals and businesses, enforcing state laws and regulations, and providing education and resources to consumers and licensees.
Some of the Specific Responsibilities of the IDFPR Include:
- Administering licensing exams and issuing licenses for various professions and businesses;
- Investigating complaints and disciplinary actions against licensees;
- Providing consumer education and resources, including information about licensing and regulations; and
- Monitoring industry trends and developments to ensure that regulations and licensing requirements remain up-to-date and effective
Attorneys at the Favia Law Firm in Chicago and Rolling Meadows are frequently asked professional regulation questions involving the IDFPR and their professions, mainly in healthcare practice. From new residents applying for licensing in Illinois, to multistate jurisdictional questions, discipline, and more, people trust Michael V. Favia & Associates for their well-earned reputation.
Find Popular Information, Updates, and Many DIY Services Available on the IDFPR Website:
- Professions Regulated by IDFPR
- Print a Copy of My License
- Licensing Assistance for Military Members
- Check if an Individual or Entity is Licensed
- File a Complaint
- Disciplinary or Enforcement Actions
- Submit CRA Comments
- IDFPR Office of Innovation
- Adult Use Cannabis Program
- Medical Cannabis Patient Program
- Latest News & Press Releases Page
- Contact IDFPR
Find featured links for COVID-19 Help, Access to the Online Portal, and Online License Renewal!
Overall, the IDFPR plays a critical role in promoting public safety and consumer protection in Illinois, by regulating and overseeing a wide range of professions and businesses.