Today’s podcast interview with healthcare law and licensing attorney Michael V. Favia, focuses on the key purpose and functions of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Doctors, nurses, dentists and similar healthcare professionals should know what to do when communicating with the IDFPR in the event of complaints and disciplinary matters.
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation: Healthcare licensing with Michael V. Favia
- The purpose and regulatory functions of the IDFPR
- Licensing and testing for new professionals
- Regulation and enforcement for licensed professionals
- Healthcare licensing for physicians, dentists and nurses
- 200 various professions covered by IDFPR
- Michael Favia focuses on healthcare professionals
- Responding to an IDFPR inquiry, what steps to take
- Do not ignore the IDFPR
- Why you need an experienced licensing attorney
- What to say and how to present it
- IDFPR discipline, the process and department options
- Informal reprimand
- Probation and compliance
- Formal complaint to Administrative Law Judge
Michael V. Favia is a former Asst. Illinois Attorney General and the Chief Prosecutor for the Illinois Dept. of Professional Regulation (IDPR), now known as the Illinois Dept. of Professional and Financial Regulation (IDFPR). Favia is the owner of a Professional Licensing Consulting Company where he and affiliated former prosecutors, investigators and professional licensing board members assist licensed professionals in their business, regulatory and IDFPR related matters.
# # #
About us: Michael V. Favia & Associates are available to advise and represent healthcare professionals and the general Chicagoland community with a variety of legal issues. With offices conveniently located in the Chicago Loop, Northwest side and suburbs, you can schedule a discrete meeting with an attorney at your convenience and discretion.
For more about Michael V. Favia & Associates’ professional licensing work, please call (773) 631-4580, visit FaviaLawFirm.com and feel free to “Like” the firm on Facebook and “Follow” the firm on Twitter. You may also connect with Attorney Michael V. Favia on LinkedIn and on Avvo.com where you may also read client endorsements and reviews.